FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50 PLUS 5% discount on orders over $200
Starter Kit – Steel Mesh Coffee Bean RoasterIn Stock: 3
Receive 2 FREE pounds of green coffee beans with the Steel Mesh Coffee Bean Roaster purchase:
- 1 pound of our flavor packed and easy roasting Costa Rica Cafe Vida
- 1 pound of –Tanzania Peaberry, Brazil Peaberry OR Guatemala Peaberry – (depending on availability) Popular among home roasters for its berry shaped bean which rolls well in a pan when home-roasting on the stove-top.
This stainless steel mesh roaster is so easy and fun to use – think “Jiffy-Pop” as you keep the beans in motion during the roast.
Note: roasting beans produces some smoke so use in a well ventilated area. A fan blowing out a nearby window or an exterior venting stove hood work well.
Step by step directions:
- Hold the mesh roaster over medium to high heat.
- Add 2-4 oz. green coffee beans and keep the roaster and beans in motion throughout the cooking process.
- In about 6-9 minutes you’ll hear first crack when the skin (chaff) separates from the bean– light roast
- Right after 1st crack ends (about 90 seconds) – medium roast.
- Roast moves quickly now – WATCH CLOSELY.
- 2-3 minutes later 2nd crack – dark roast.
- At desired shade (or a little before) remove the mesh roaster and beans from heat.
- Using a heat pad CAREFULLY open the roaster and dump the roasted beans into a colander or metal pan. BEANS ARE VERY HOT!
- Toss back and forth outside to remove chaff and cool beans.