FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50 PLUS 5% discount on orders over $200
Starter Kit – Ceramic Coffee Bean RoasterIn Stock: 1
We were teaching a home roasting class at a sustainability conference, and one of our students mentioned this nifty stove-top roaster. We love using it so much, we decided to include it in our starter kits. It is 100% ceramic, and the bottom is cross-hatched to keep the beans elevated during heating. The leather-wrapped handle keeps your hand safe while you keep the beans in motion during the roasting process.
Note: roasting green coffee beans produces some smoke so use in a well ventilated area. A fan blowing out a nearby window or an exterior venting stove hood work well.
Step by step directions:
- Preheat the ceramic roaster on medium to high heat for a minute or so
- Add 3 scoops (scoop included) of green coffee beans and keep the roaster and beans in motion throughout the cooking process.
- In about 6-9 minutes you’ll hear first crack when the skin (chaff) separates from the bean– light roast.
- Right after 1st crack ends (about 90 seconds) – medium roast.
- Roast moves quickly now – WATCH CLOSELY.
- 2-3 minutes later 2nd crack – dark roast.
- At desired shade (or a little before) remove the ceramic roaster and beans from heat.
- CAREFULLY tip the roaster up so the beans slide through the handle into a colander or metal pan. BEANS ARE VERY HOT!
- Toss back and forth outside to remove chaff and cool beans.