FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50 PLUS 5% discount on orders over $200
Starter Kit – Iron Skillet Coffee Bean RoasterIn Stock: 2
This is the perfect value-priced option for the new (or just curious) home-roaster. A nice “analog” option in our digital world, this kit has everything you need to begin your roasting journey – even the wooden stirring spoon!
Note: roasting beans produces some smoke so use in a well ventilated area. A fan blowing out a nearby window or an exterior venting stove hood work well.
Step by step directions
- Preheat the cast iron skillet on medium to high heat
- Add beans in a single layer. Stir constantly.
- In about 6-9 minutes you’ll hear first crack when the skin (chaff) separates from the bean– light roast
- Right after 1st crack ends (about 90 seconds) – medium roast. Roast moves quickly now – WATCH CLOSELY.
- 2-3 minutes later 2nd crack – dark roast.
- At desired shade (or a little before) remove the skillet and beans from heat source.
- CAREFULLY dump the roasted beans into colander or metal pan – BEANS ARE VERY HOT!
- Toss back and forth outside to remove chaff and cool beans.
Fresh Roast SR340 Coffee Bean Roaster
1 each $149.00
Fresh Roast SR500 Coffee Bean Roaster
1 each $179.00
Replacement Shaft for Stir Crazy Coffee Bean Roaster
1 each $22.99
Starter Kit – Ceramic Coffee Bean Roaster
1 each $49.99
Starter Kit – Iron Skillet Coffee Bean Roaster
1 each $14.99
Starter Kit – Steel Mesh Coffee Bean Roaster
1 each $24.99